Friday 16 October 2009



this picture is my individual presentation work.

it shows my idea about the future world, if human really totally rely on technology and living in virtual world. the digitized world can give human all the things, because nothing is impossible in that virtual reality.

the virtual reality allow us to achieve those we can't do in the real world. But at the same time, while human living inside the beautiful virtual reality, we will be totally controlled. we have no physical freedom, we have no freedom of thought. machines become strong, and human becomes weak. we got no place to resist, "seems like we have plenty of freedom, but we actually have none."

No matter how much the virtual reality can give us, it is still like a dream that seems so real. If human unable to wake from it, we will never know the difference between the dream world and the real world. Our real world will just like the picture above, devastated.

3 comments:

  1. i was interested by you saying in the virtual world "seems like we have plenty of freedom, but we actually have none." and that i am seeing this in the physical world too, we think we can do whatever we want but in reality we are bound by cultural codes of conduct?

    That we respect elders; especially our mother, to give up our seat for old people on the bus, to wait in queue in a shop, or showing our passport when moving between countries?

    It feels like freedom when we think about it but what we experience (if we are receptive to it) is something much more controlled?

    Maybe we should shadow people like we thought about before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Once upon a time, I, Chuang Tzu, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of following my fancies as a butterfly, and was unconscious of my individuality as a man. Suddenly, I awoke, and there I lay, myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am now a man."

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lee you are actually posting a famous story of the ancient china. i heard the story very long time ago as well and that's an idiom. Chuang Tzu was a famous people and i like this story alot. thanks for sharing here (=

    ReplyDelete